Employment with the Town
The Town of Shelburne is currently seeking a Detachment Services Assistant. This individual will be a dynamic, results oriented, hands-on individual who works well in a team environment as well as independently, and is able to manage multiple priorities and personalities concurrently. The position will be results-focused with success defined as being able to manage competing priorities in a timely fashion, have the ability to work well under pressure and be confidential and professional while dealing with sensitive information. The ideal candidate will be a take charge individual with the ability to manage the logistics and administrative responsibilities for the Shelburne RCMP Detachment.
The ideal candidate will possess the following
- Minimum Grade 12 education and successful completion of secondary school in business administration or
an equivalent combination of formal training and experience;
- Software knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and electronic mail systems;
- Experience maintaining electronic and/or hard copy filing systems;
- Ability to establish priorities and proceed with objectives;
- Capacity to be trained on RCMP systems;
- Proficiency in English language is required;
- Working knowledge of the criminal code, municipal government administration, municipal by-laws, and
relevant provincial and federal legislation preferred;
- The successful candidate will require a Reliability Status security clearance.
Duties of the position include
- Assesses and responds to enquiries, complaints, and requests for information and services from the general
- Resolves public and internal complaints through mediation, communication and problem-solving skills;
- Provides administrative support to front line police officers;
- Operates police radio and various computer equipment utilizing Police Reporting and Occurrence System
(PROS), Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), TEAM, JEIN, etc;
- Serves as a Commissioner of Oaths for court-related documents and interacts directly with the Supreme
Court, Provincial Court and Restorative Justice personnel;
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Detachment Commander.
Hours of Work
This is a contract position. The successful candidate will be expected to work thirty-five (35) hours per week, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
The Chief Administrative Officer at the Town of Shelburne/Detachment Officer in Charge.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a one (1) page cover letter and a maximum of four (4) page resume in person (168 Water Street, Shelburne), by mail (P.O. Box 670, Shelburne NS, B0T 1W0),
or fax (902-875-3932)
no later than 4:30 PM on March 29th, 2021.
For a more detailed job description or with other questions about the position, please contact Sarah W. Mattatall (Town of Shelburne, Manager of Human Resources & Administration) at 902-875-2991 ext 4.
Only those applicants receiving an interview will be contacted.