Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I get an assessment done on my property?
To get information on assessments, visit the Property Value Services Corporation (PVSC)
- What are the tax rates?
Tax Rates for 2014/15 are as follows:
Residential – $2.04/100 of assessment
Commercial – $3.86/100 of assessment
- Can I pay my taxes online?
No, you are unable to pay taxes online at this time.
- Does the Town Hall accept VISA and MC?
Not at this time. We accept cheques, cash, money orders or debit.
- Where can SRHS program registration forms be picked up?
They can be found on the website or at the Town Office.
- How can I pay my parking ticket?
Parking tickets are paid at the Town Office or payment can be mailed with the ticket number included.
- When can I expect to receive my tax bills?
Tax bills are sent twice a year, once in April and final billing for the remaining amount is billed in August. Sewer will also be billed on the final tax bill.
- I have questions about recycling and waste management. Who should I contact?
For questions on Waste Management, you should contact the Waste Diversion Coordinator by calling the Municipality of the District of Shelburne at (902) 875-5336.